Wednesday 1 August 2012

Luna's 24th Birthday Adventures!

Yay! I am finally back! I had a great time during my holiday. Now for a bit of a catch-up!

Firstly, thank you very much to whoever made me a Lolita Valentine for my birthday!

I am number 3- http://loli-valentines.livejournal.com/126975.html#cutid1

Sadly, I didn't get the chance to see the Valentine on my actual birthday because I was in London. But I did see it before I went away, so I only got it one day late! So thank you for the lovely gesture.

I am also pleased to announce that during the week I was away I got given another 2 Liebster Awards! I am not sure if I am meant to do the posting thing again because I have done it already? Well anyway, a huge thank you to The Glass Princess and Chri-chan. If I was giving out awards again, then you 2 would have definitely been on my list! It was a very sweet of you both to give me an award and I really appreciate it.

You can view their posts here- http://the-glass-princess.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html
And here- http://chri-chan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/19-der-liebster-award.html

Please do and check out these blogs because they are brilliant and they are also run by very lovely people!

So... what did I do for my birthday? Let's start with what lolita related presents I got!


The first thing I got was this Bodyline petticoat in pink/purple/dark pink. I know Bodyline petticoats are not exactly brilliant at giving lolita skirts a nice poof, but I got taken in by all the pretty colours! I tend to layer lots of flatter petticoats anyway. A lot of people seem to like the yellow/pink/blue petticoat, but some reason I was more drawn to this pink colour combination. It would make a nice little addition to a fairy kei wardrobe. Also, I think it is more fun to wear brightly coloured petticoats, even if nobody can see them!


I also got some Secret Shop star shower socks in pink. I am still gathering items to wear with my Dream Sky skirt. The pink colour was maybe a bit more peachy in colour than I was expecting, although I have not actually tried them on properly yet. Perhaps they will look good when worn. Anyway, I was very pleased to receive these!


Please excuse the silly face I am pulling! My last lolita related birthday present was this Bodyline skirt in purple. It may look familiar, because I already own this skirt in black. You would have thought that 2 different colours of the same skirt would be identical. With the black skirt, I slated the waist ties which have this horrible texture and are covered with polka dots. The purple skirt has this detail too, but I think it actually works a bit better with the purple skirt than it does the black skirt. I am still not convinced by the ties though and I probably wont be using them with the skirt! It is nice to have another simple block colour skirt and I am keeping up my promise to add more purple to my wardrobe.


I went to London for the day! I decided to keep my outfit simple because I knew that I wouldn't have a lot of time in the morning and also, it was boiling hot in London! It has only ever rained on my birthday once, and that was the year that England was totally battered by rain and flooding (so that doesn't count in my opinion!). So I went for an easy to quickly throw on outfit, involving Meta's March of the Duck. I teamed it with red and pink items. As you can see, I found London 2012 Olympics mascot Mandeville. I decided to join in with him and do a bit of pretend running. Shame about the unflattering angle!


We went to Camden for a little bit and we bumped in to the Maids of England event being held in the Stables Market. We didn't have time to go inside, but I got a photo with one of the maids outside. We did have a quick peep and the event did look like it was a lot of fun. If this sounds like your kind of thing, then check out Maids of England on Facebook.


It has been an aim of mine to visit the Chin Chin Lab in Camden for quite some time now. And on my birthday, I finally made it! I got the weekly special, which was Truffle Popcorn and I topped it with salted caramel pretzels. Seriously, words can not describe just how amazing this ice cream is. It is also very interesting watching the staff make the ice cream right before your eyes using lots of cool science stuff.


Of course, a trip to London just wouldn't be the same without me popping in to Laduree for macarons! 


Dinner at Pizza Hut was interesting. We had the rudest waiter EVER! Although, after we told him it was my birthday, he suddenly perked up! Sadly, we were not allowed a birthday candle in the restaurant due to health and safety. But then Ruth came to the rescue! She made me a paper birthday candle and I pretended to blow it out.


I brought myself a few treats in London but this has to be my favourite. I found this bag in a stall inside the Stables Market (I don't know the name of it). The colour is a lovely deep, dusky pink. It looks better in person. I got a birthday discount as well, thanks to my friend Jo. I purchased this bag with a certain dress in mind, but I reckon I will get a lot of use out of this.


I wont bore you all to death with my Center Parcs holiday snaps (they are on my Facebook now, so if you are friends with me, you can see them there) but I thought I would share this with you. We kept seeing deers during the week, but I was unable to photograph any of them. So imagine my surprise when on the very last evening of the holiday we got not one, but 2 deers right outside our villa! There was a mother deer and her baby (it is the baby in this picture obviously!). The pictures are a bit dark because it was evening and also, I didn't want to turn my flash on and scare the deers away. We actually managed to go outside and get even closer to them. They were not that bothered by us being there and kept eating. It was an incredible experience and I will never forget this magical evening.

So that was my huge catch-up post! Hopefully from now on this blog should be back to normal. Although, it is my 3rd wedding anniversary on Monday, so there may be a temporary disruption then. Thank you for sticking with me!

4 comments:

  1. belated happy birthday, Luna! love the bag! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I can't wait to use my new bag! :D

      Delete
  2. cute petti and lilac skirt ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...