Thursday 21 February 2013

Magic of Scent in Love by Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Today I will be taking a look at the newest print from BABY. This series is called Magic of Scent in Love. This series includes 2 dresses, a skirt, a blouse, 4 hair accessories, a lace collar, socks and a necklace.


This is the Cologne JSK. The bodice is a nice shape. In some photos it appears to be well fitted but in others I thought the material looked a bit loose and baggy. The straps are a suitable width. The straps are a bit plain looking but thankfully, there is a nice amount of detail on the bodice, so I don't think this is a big issue. The waist bow is a bit big, but I think it suits the dress shape fine. It has a nice shape to it and appears quite sturdy. However, it is very basic looking with no real detail to it. It's a bit boring. I would have maybe liked to have at least seen a thin line of lace along the bow edges.


The bodice has a line of braid with a pretty line of lace underneath it. The braid colour is an interesting choice. It stands out against the rest of the colours on the dress. I can't decide whether I think this colour really suits this dress or not. The braid is quite a classic colour, whereas the other colours are very sweet. The bodice also has a double ribbon bow in the centre. The ribbon is very pretty and used well. The lace underneath is layered well and hangs nicely. The neckline also has pretty lace. It matches the other lace quite well and they compliment each other.

The back has a panel of shirring, which is well concealed by a ribbon corset. The edges of the shirring panel are also lined with lace, which keeps everything neat and tidy. The skirt has a lovely round and voluminous shape to it. It flares out really beautifully and will hold a decent amount of petticoat. The skirt is kept free of cluttering details, so the print is displayed beautifully. The bottom hem is finished off with more of the braid from the bodice. I am still unsure about the braid colour, but at least the bodice and bottom hem tie in with each other. There is also a line of dot lace on the bottom hem. Whilst this lace is pretty, I think I would have liked to see the lace from the bodice used here as well.


This is the Perfume JSK. The bodice is a nice shape but again, the material looks a bit baggy. The waist bow is a good size for the dress and a nice shape. Once again, I feel the waist bow on this dress is a bit too plain. I would have liked to have the bow lined with thin lace.


Whilst I think the bodice is very plain, I am a fan of the lacy neckline. The lace used is beautiful. It is layered well and is a lovely finish. It gives the neckline a very soft, feminine look. The lace is then topped with 2 delicate ribbon bows for a nice finishing touch. I really love this!

The back has a panel of shirring which is concealed very neatly by a ribbon corset. The lace around the neckline finishes neatly on the back as well. The skirt shape is again very full and rounded. It flares out beautifully and will hold a decent amount of petticoat. The skirt is kept free of any detail and so, the print is displayed really well. There is only one thing I really dislike about this dress is the bottom hem. BABY have chosen to finish the bottom hem with a pleat. To be honest, it reminds me of curtains! That being said, this is just a tiny little niggle and I wouldn't let something this small stop me from liking a dress.


Here is one part of the print close up.


And here is another part. This series is available in ivory, pink, red, sax blue and navy. I think there are times where the colours (especially on the pink version) look a bit washed out. You can still see everything in the print but it doesn't really stand out. It is very muted. I think my favourite is the ivory version, although I think the navy version is gorgeous too. It would seem cosmetics is a popular theme at the moment. This print is very cute. I really like the adorable sleeping bunny. The cosmetics are drawn really well and there is a lot of detail to the print. I seem to keep spotting more and more in the print, like the rose petals scattered amongst the make-up. The roses at the bottom are beautiful too. Overall, it is a very cute print.


There are the usual kind of hair accessories in this series but I couldn't help but smile at this bonnet headdress. It looks like a frilly night cap! It has so much lace. I don't think I would ever wear something like this. It is very old school looking and I can't help wondering if it would appeal to the modern lolita.

I think this is a series which will appeal to a lot of BABY fans. It has that typical soft, dreamy feel to it that BABY does really well. I don't think I will be adding this print to my wishlist, but it is definitely on my radar. I will be keeping an eye out for this print in the future. I would probably go for the Perfume JSK in ivory. This dress may be simple, but I think it has been done well. I will be completely avoiding the bonnet headdress but at least there are plenty of other options for head accessories. I have high hopes for this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...