Monday 24 June 2013

June 2013 Ox Loli Meet!

On the Saturday just gone, the Oxfordshire Lolitas had their meet for June. Typically the UK weather had to spoil our original plans but that didn't stop us having a good time. We were meant to be having a picnic and then doing some crafting but in the end we went to the pub! I do love that pub though. I always end up ordering the same food because I love it so much! It was lovely catching up with the group and I think everybody enjoyed themselves.


I wore my new AP Day Dream Carnival JSK. I wanted the JSK with the tulle parts over the skirt but I was out of luck. Which reminds me, I need to post my AP Paris/Boddywood shopping review... Anyway, back to the outfit! I mainly wore AP with the matching DDC head bow, Dolce Ribbon bolero, Sugar Hearts bag and gold chess knight necklace. The wig, socks and shoes were Bodyline. The jewellery was all off-brand apart from the AP necklace. I love how pink and lavender look together so I decided to make this the focus of my outfit. Next time I intend to introduce more gold elements. I attached those Claire's rose clips that I have in about a million colours to my shoes because I thought my shoes looked too boring!


A quick picture without the bolero. I felt my pink DreamV chiffon blouse went well with the outfit. We had a lot of tourists photographing us and asking questions. I thought this one woman would never let go of my arm!


Shalisa looked lovely in Meta's Vintage Poodle. The poor girl kept getting gusts of wind blowing up her skirt so we spent ages getting photos of her! Sammi wore Whipped Magic with cute, retro styling. Nicola wore a handmade skirt with a pretty floral crown. Sweet was definitely the theme of the day!



Nicola made this amazing cake. It had white chocolate icing. It tasted really lovely, although we didn't have any cakes so we pretty much dived right in with our hands! It was worth it though. Nicola is very good at cake making.


And here is a random shot of my feet for no apparent reason. The sun decided to shine a bit at this point so the photo looks very washed out.


And because it was meant to be a crafting meet, Sammi started to crochet while were sat by the river. She made a cute ice cream! I am hoping that in the future we can reschedule the crafting meet because it seems like a really fun idea. I am rubbish at crochet though!

It was great seeing everybody again and I had a great time. I had been feeling a bit down lately and this is exactly what I needed to lift my spirits up again. I am now all geared up for hosting my Alice Day meet soon!


4 comments:

  1. I didn't know Bodyline's wigs were such good quality! It looked so natural on you :) I've been toying with the idea of buying one because my hair is so bland.

    I had such a great time, and I'm really excited for Alice Day! Still haven't decided on what food to bring though, hm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some Bodyline wigs are better than others. I should probably review the wig on here at some point too! Sometimes it is nice to just be able to quickly throw a wig on. It's less effort!

      I did too! I'm so glad people are looking forward to Alice Day. I just hope it lives up to expectations D: Plenty of time to decide what to bring :)

      Delete
  2. The outfit is very cute!
    And i love this dress... Is beautiful!
    Kiss :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The dress is gorgeous. I was jumping up and down with excitement when I got it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...