Monday 10 March 2014

Milk chan's Fantasy Wonderland by Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Today I am looking at Milk chan's Fantasy Wonderland by Baby the Stars Shine Bright. This series includes 2 dresses, a skirt, 2 blouses, 2 hair accessories, a bag, socks, a bolero, a hoody and a rosette.


This is JSK I. The bodice looks reasonably well fitted. The bodice shape is simple but nice. The straps are a suitable width for the dress and look very supportive. The use of the polka dot fabric helps tie in the polka dots in the print too. The waist area has a band of polka dot fabric too. It helps to draw the waist area in, although I think it could have been executed a bit neater. The bodice is divided up in to panels, some with pretty piping. There is also a neat thin, ruffle going across the bodice. I just wonder if this ruffle will sit in an odd place on some wearers. The ruffle is topped with a large bow. The bow is a cute shape and the edges are lined neatly with piping. I do find the placing a bit odd looking though, so I am glad it is detachable. The neckline is finished with a pretty ruffle and then topped with 3 bows. The bows are all a good size. The ribbon bows on either side are slightly shiny but not that bad. I like the middle bow too, although I think it could have been made with softer fabric to match the bottom of the dress a bit better. The charm on the gold is a nice finishing touch. The back has a panel of shirring which is covered neatly by a ribbon corset. The stock photos show the skirt has plenty of volume and flares out well. The skirt has a pretty rounded shape. The skirt is kept simple (probably for the best, because the print takes up most of the skirt) and the print is displayed beautifully. The bottom hem is then finished off with a pretty tulle ruffle.


This is JSK II. The bodice looks fairly well fitted, although the bodice shape is a little simple. The straps are a bit on the thin side, but are lined neatly with piping on the inside and cute lace on the outside. The waist area has a stripe of the polka dotted fabric which helps to nip in the waist area and matches up perfectly with the polka dot part of the print. However, I feel the waist bow is too big. It looks too big and awkward. The lace adds to the bows bulk as well. The front has a criss-crossed ribbon corset. The ribbon doesn't look shiny, although the ribbon looks a bit bunched together. The ribbon is held on the dress by lace on either side, which looks a bit flimsy. Hopefully it wont break too easily. The neckline is heavily decorated by 2 lines of lace and topped with a large ribbon bow. The bow is a bit big and simple in design, however I feel it would look a lot better if the waist bow wasn't there. I reckon if the waist bow was detached, the dress would look a lot better. The back is fully shirred, which means the shirring is not concealed by anything. The stock photos show the skirt is very full and has the potential to flare out well. The skirt has a lovely bell shape to it and is a bit more typical of Baby, compared to the other dress. The skirt is kept simple and the print is displayed brilliantly. The bottom hem is finished off with really cute polka dot and bow themed lace.


And here we have part of the print close up...


...and another close up. This series is available in ivory, pink, mint and navy. The mint and navy are my personal favourite colours. Something about the pink and ivory versions just doesn't appeal to me. As for the print itself, I adore the carousel. I love the detailing on it. It is cute to see all the little critters playing on the rides as well. The print is full of detail, with most gaps filled up with something. However, I do find the random castles in the sky a bit weird! I am a bit undecided on the polka dot part at the bottom though. 

So overall, this seems like quite a cute series. The dress designs are good with just the odd little bit I would change here and there. The print is cute too and very interesting. Would I buy this series? Probably not, but I still think it is a nice enough series. If I had to choose, I would go for JSK II in navy. In my opinion, navy is by far the stand out colour. It is a very cute release, although I think some of the other recent Usakumya and Milk themed prints have been cuter!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...