Monday 21 April 2014

Usakumya chan is Petit Artisan by Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Today I am looking at Usakumya chan is Petit Artisan by BABY. This series includes 3 dresses (one non-printed), a skirt, 2 blouses, 4 hair accessories, socks, wrist cuffs, a bag, a pochette, 3 bear straps and a little cape for Usakumya.


This is the Judy JSK. The bodice is a pretty shape and reasonably well fitted. The straps are a decent width and look very secure. I'm not personally a fan of the scalloped folded collar, but I admit it does compliment the print very well. The scallops are shaped well. The scallops are topped with heart shaped lace, which looks very cute and sort of reminds me of icing. The solid colour of the collar is quite bold.


The waist area is topped with a ribbon bow. Whilst the size is good, I'm not sure I would have picked that ribbon. It seems to clash with the rest of the dress design and looks a bit out of place. I think it would have been better to have a solid coloured waist bow, probably not made of ribbon and in the same colour as the collar. The bodice also has a gathered line of lace topped with buttons. I do like the lace, but I wonder if the design really needs it. The buttons could have worked just by themselves. As for the buttons, they are so cute! The design reminds me of macaron shells, which matches up with the print. They are spaced out well too, although I would maybe move the very top one down slightly. The buttons were a really good choice!

The back has a panel of shirring which is concealed nicely by a ribbon corset. The stock photos show the skirt is very full with the potential to flare out very well. It has a pretty, full rounded shape to it. The skirt is quite simple, so the print is displayed very well. The bottom has a scalloped edge, which has been done neatly. The scallops have a good shape to them. The scallops are then finished with a line of lace underneath. Whilst the lace is pretty, I don't think it is the best or cutest choice.


This is the Sophie JSK. The bodice shape is simple, but cute. The bodice material may look just slightly loose in places but seems a reasonably good fit. The straps are a bit thin, but I think they match the style of dress well. They are line with lace on the outside, which stops them looking boring. The lace is quite cute too. The waist area has a ribbon belt. The ribbon used is quite shiny but the belt does nip in the waist area very well. The belt is then topped with a bow and Baby have again used the same ribbon as the other JSK. I just don't feel the ribbon matches up that well. However, the bow is a good size and the shape is interesting. it sits well on the dress too. The neckline is topped with 2 layers of lace. I like how the lace is layered and it sits brilliantly on top of the dress. I think the really wide lace could have been a bit narrower, but overall it is a pretty design. The bases of the straps are topped with 2 ribbon bows. The bows look very cute and the shape is good. I would have maybe made them just a tiny bit smaller though. Some may argue that there is a lot of plain space on the bodice, but I think the neckline is interesting enough. The back has a panel of shirring which is concealed neatly by a ribbon corset. The skirt again, has plenty of volume and flares out beautifully. It is very full and has a lovely rounded shape to it. The skirt is kept simple and so the print is very visible. The bottom hem is then finished off with simple, but pretty lace.


And here we have a part of the print close up. This series is available in off-white/lavender, ivory/mint, yellow/sax blue, pink/pink and brown/milk tea. All 5 colours look really cute. I am a little worried the lighter colours may look a little washed out though, because BABY use a lot of soft colours in their prints and the details don't show up as well. As for the print itself, it has that usual cuteness that one would expect from an Usakumya themed print! I really like the macaron tower. It reminds me of the Laduree shop's window display! The print is drawn in a very soft, dreamy style. The white background is a bit plain though. But the rest of the print is filled with lots of cute details. I love the way Usakumya and friends are playing in the print. The brown bear holding up the star shaped cookie is especially cute! Overall this is a very pretty print.

I think this is yet another cute Usakumya series. It is nice to see that the dress designs and print really compliment each other. It shows a lot of thought has gone in to the whole process. The dress designs are quite strong and I think this series does deserve to do well. Would I buy this series? I would consider it, but it wont be going on my wishlist. But I do think this is a great series. If I did buy this series I would choose the Judy JSK in pink/pink. Overall, this is a very cute release.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...