Monday 16 June 2014

Patisserie Dream by Metamorphose

Today I am having a look at Patisserie Dream by Metamorphose. This series includes 3 dresses, 2 skirts, a blouse, 2 hair accessories, socks and a pair of wrist cuffs.


This is the Shirring Pinafore JSK. The bodice seems an okay shape and looks fairly well fitted. The straps are generous in width and look very sturdy, although I dislike the shape with the narrower base. The strap bases are topped with ribbon bows. The ribbon used is too shiny for my liking and I feel the bows are too big in size. The shape is cute though. I also think the colour of the ribbon is slightly off (maybe it is just the blue colour way?) and really stands out. The bodice material is fully shirred, which seemingly works quite well. It doesn't stand out or look as unattractive as full shirring usually looks. The thing that really bugs me about this dress is the organdie corset topping the waist area. Whilst I feel this sort of detailing can work well on some dresses, I feel this skirt overlay looks really out of place on this particular dress. It looks fussy and overcomplicates things. The organdie corset itself is also not that appealing. I don't understand why it has been lined with white lace and the ribbon corset part is a shiny mess.


Here we can see what the dress looks like with the organdie corset removed. I feel this is a massive improvement. It looks a lot simpler, but I think this may be a good thing. Admittedly, the waist area is not that attractive but I still prefer this over the organdie corset. Maybe a wide belt with a cute design would help to disguise the waist though.

As the name suggest, the back is fully shirred too but again I feel the shirring blends in quite well with the design. The organdie corset and waist ties make the dress look very messy and crowded, but hopefully with the corset detached it wont look as bad. The stock photos show the skirt is very full and it flares out really well. It has plenty of volume and has a brilliant rounded shape to it. With the corset detached, the skirt is quite simple and the print is displayed very well. The bottom hem is then finished off with cute lace which matches the rest of the dress well. 


This is the Lace Up Pinafore JSK. The bodice is very well fitted. Generally, the bodice shape is nice, although the neckline looks a bit too straight and square with the bib attached. I think it could do with being a little softer. The straps are a decent width. They are also lined very neatly with lace, which stops them looking too plain. The lace then continues along the scoop neckline. The lace used is very cute and heart shaped. As I have already mentioned, the bib part of the bodice is detachable. I personally prefer the dress with the bib detached, although the scoop neckline may sit awkwardly on some wearers. The bodice looks a bit plain, as if it is missing something with the bib detached. However, the bib does have a detachable bow so maybe the bow could be put to good use to liven it up a bit. The bib itself is quite simple with a ruffled design and I feel it looks a bit too basic. The detachable bow on top of the bib looks too big for where it is located in the stock photos. As I said, I would detach the bib and then I feel the bow would look better placed elsewhere on the remaining bodice. The bottom part of the front of the bodice has a ribbon corset. The ribbon is again very shiny but it is spaced out well, without looking too crowded. The pearls at the end of the ribbons are a nice finishing touch too. The sides of the ribbon corset are lined with lace and overall, this part of the bodice has been carried out very neatly. The back has a panel of shirring which is concealed very neatly by a ribbon corset. The skirt is again very full with more than enough volume. It will hold plenty of petticoat. The skirt has a full, rounded cupcake shape which looks very cute. It flares out very well. The skirt design is kept simple and the print is displayed brilliantly. The bottom hem is then finished off with cute lace.


And here we have the High Waist Pinafore JSK. Although this is described as a dress, an apron style skirt would probably be more accurate. The bodice doesn't really have a back to it! The bodice shape is interesting, although I don't think it would suit a wearer with a larger bust. I imagine it may sit strangely on some. The straps are a good width. They have been kept very simple, although it doesn't look too plain on this dress for some reason. The straps cross over at the back before they join the skirt, which is quite cute. The waist has a belted look design. It really helps to make the waist look smaller, although I did notice in some of the stock photos that the material used looked a bit wrinkly. The belt is topped with a bow. This detachable bow is a bit on the big side, although I personally felt the dress looked better with it attached. I think it helps to pull the design together. The bow shape is simple, but cute and it sits well on the dress. The folded collar design is cute. The collar itself is a good shape and size for the dress. It has been done very neatly and the thin lace finishes off the edges well, without looking too fussy. The bodice is then finished off with some really cute candy shaped buttons. It is a shame these buttons appear to blend in to the background so much, because they are adorable. The stock photos show that the skirt has plenty of volume and flares out well. The shape is suitable for a high waisted dress and I can imagine the wearer being able to create a very cute shape. The skirt is kept simple, so the print is displayed very well. The bottom hem is then finished off with pretty lace. 


Finally, here we have part of the print close up. This series is available in black, cream and blue. The blue is not your typical sax blue and I really like it. The deeper blue colour really stands out and the print details pop on this colour, so I think the blue is probably my favourite from this series. All 3 colours seem to work quite well with the print though. As for the print itself, it is a very cute offering. The cakes look so cute and I love the brightly coloured sweets. It is also interesting trying to spot all the different ways that Meta have included their infamous swans in the print! I think my personal favourite is the choux pastry swan that appears amongst the smaller items floating in the background of the print. The really big swan in the print does look slightly out of place though and I think Meta missed a trick not including a swan shaped meringue. The macarons and cookies help to fill in the gaps between the bigger print items and the piped icing at the bottom is a cute way to finish off the bottom of the print. The bows and ribbons are very bold and are a nice finishing touch. I even think the stripy background works surprisingly well with this print.

So whilst there are a few small things I would change about the dresses, I actually think this is quite a strong series. And to be fair, most of the things I dislike about the dresses are things which are detachable anyway. The print is very cute too. Would I buy this series? Possibly. It wont be going on my wishlist but I would be happy to own it. I think if I were to go for this series I would choose the High Waist Pinafore JSK in blue. I really hope this series does well for Meta.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...