Monday 2 May 2016

Majestic Princess by Metamorphose

Today I am taking a look at Majestic Princess by Metamorphose. This series includes 3 dresses, 2 skirts, 2 hair accessories and socks.




First up is the OP. The bodice looks well fitted and the bodice shape is mainly okay. I do think the sleeves on this dress look a bit shapeless. It is as if the gathered part of the sleeves needs to be more gathered and perhaps the bell part of the sleeves needs to flare out more. As it is, they look a bit flat. The gathering on the sleeves is topped with some ribbon bows, which are a bit too shiny and could have maybe been just slightly smaller. The lace lining the sleeves has a pretty design though. The other part of the bodice I am not keen on is the modesty panel on the chest area. Although it is covered with lots of lace, something about it just seems to look a bit plain. Thankfully, this modesty panel is detachable. The waist line is lined with more of the same lace. I wouldn't usually like detail like this, but I suppose the lace does sit quite flat and it doesn't look too bulky. The bodice features some very subtle lines of thin gold lace, which breaks up the bodice nicely. There are also 3 bows running down the centre, with 2 smaller bows and then a larger chest bow. I personally feel that the materials used for these bows looks very cheap, especially the metallic ribbon. It doesn't really give off a 'majestic' feel and I think the bows look really out of place on the dress. Thankfully, all 3 of these bows are detachable. Sadly though, the bodice looks a bit plain without the bows, so I think at least one of these bows is needed on the dress. I guess if it was me, I would keep the larger bow and detach the smaller 2 bows. The neckline is finished off with a line of beautiful lace and some gold lace, which sits really well on the dress. The back has a panel of shirring which has been topped neatly with a ribbon corset. I do wish Meta hadn't put the wide ruffly lace on the back though, as it makes the back look messier. The stock photos show that the skirt has a decent amount of volume and it flares outwards plenty. I like the full, bell shape Meta have achieved in the stock photos. The skirt is kept quite simple in design, so the print is displayed excellently. The bottom hem is then finished off with a gathered ruffle, topped very neatly with a line of lace. The lace sits really well on top of the ruffle, and I like that the use of lace compliments the use of the same lace elsewhere on the dress. There are also some shiny ribbon bows topping the bottom hem, which I personally would not have bothered with. I think they are unnecessary clutter.




Here we have the Short-Sleeve OP. The bodice seems well fitted and the shape is quite cute. The sleeves are a decent length, although the elasticated design is maybe a bit casual looking for the overall theme. There is also a set of detachable shoulder straps, but I don't think they add much to the design, so I would detach them. There is a large waist bow, which I do feel is too big. Despite its size, it still manages to hold its shape, and there are no signs of the bow sagging. I don't really like the double layered style of the bow though. I would have just had a single layer of the print fabric for the bow. This waist bow is detachable, and I think I would detach it. The bodice is split in 2, with the top part being gathered chiffon. It sort of gives the illusion of a high-waist skirt design. The top part is well gathered and generally looks quite neat. There are 2 bows with a double pearl chain between them, with the bows being an okay shape and size, and the pearl chains being good lengths. These bows are also detachable. Although I dislike the bijou gems in the centre of the bows (Meta seem to have a thing for these gems at the moment...) I would definitely leave the bows and chains attached. I personally feel that with these details detached, it makes the top area look too plain and also too casual looking. Also, if you detach the waist bow, I feel these bows are needed to stop the dress looking too plain. The back has a panel of shirring, which has been neatly topped with a ribbon corset. The stock photos show that the skirt has more than enough volume and it flares outwards loads. I love the full, bell shape of this skirt. The skirt is kept simple in design, so the print is displayed beautifully. The bottom hem is then finished off with a ruffle of chiffon with lace layered over the top. These details are layered really well and it creates a lovely, soft finish to the bottom.




This is the Rosy JSK. The bodice looks well fitted, but I think the overall bodice shape is a bit too square. I think a softer neckline shape would have helped. The straps look a suitable width and I love the subtle use of thin gold lace to line the straps. The lace is subtle, but is just enough to stop the straps looking too plain. The waist area is topped with a line of lace and some double pearl chains which drape down over the skirt. The lace looks okay. I guess at least the lace can hide where the pearl chains are attached. As for the pearl chains, they end above the border print, so they are a pretty good length. I think the chains look decent, but the placement of the chains could have been better. The chains are also a good match for the pearl details in the print. The bodice features 3 gold clasps, which have a lovely design to them. The clasps are well spaced out. There is a yoke on the chest area, which is well laid out with ruffles of chiffon and thin lines of gold lace. There is some criss-crossed ribbon in the middle, but I don't think it is really needed. It looks okay, but I think the chiffon and lace are enough by themselves. There is also a detachable rose themed brooch, which is made up of a bow, and then topped with a fake flower and a pearl chain dangling from the bow. I think the brooch is laid out nicely and the design is really pretty. I would definitely leave it attached. The back has a panel of shirring, which is topped neatly with a ribbon corset. The stock photos show that the skirt is very full and flares out generously. There is more than enough petticoat room and the potential to create a great shape. Apart from the pearl chains, which are not near the border print, the skirt is kept simple in design. This means the print is displayed really well. The bottom hem is then finished off with some good quality lace, although I think I prefer the look of the bottom hem on the Short-Sleeve OP.




Finally, this is what the print looks like. This series comes in mint, champagne and lavender. I think all 3 colours look stunning and it is difficult to pick a favourite. The champagne looks very luxurious, but the mint and lavender look beautiful as well. As for the print itself, it is a really lovely looking print. The items in the print are well positioned and I love the individual items as well. I especially love the jewelled tiara. The detail that has gone in to the tiara is amazing. The pearl chains dangle perfectly around the edges of the border part of the print. I love the subtle but decorative non-border part of the print as well.

So overall, I am actually quite impressed with this series. There are a few tweaks I would make to the dresses here and there, although in some cases, the details I don't like are detachable anyway. The print is not exactly anything original, but it is beautifully drawn and seems well thought out. Would I buy this series? Yes, I would. It wont be going on my wishlist, but it is definitely a series I wouldn't mind owning. My top choice would be the Short-Sleeve OP, but I honestly don't know which colour I would pick. I think the lavender just about edges it for me, but I also really like the champagne colour. They both have very different looks to them. I think this series has a lot of potential, with many different ways you could co-ordinate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...